Take part in the Conservation of Guatemalan Wildlife!!
Become an ARCAS Member!. Please contact us at
You can also donate directly using PayPal here:
ARCAS is a Guatemalan NGO committed to preserving Guatemalan wildlife and its habitat. It carries out projects in three areas of Guatemala:
Environmental Education; Cerro Alux; Networking.
Hawaii Park, Pacific Coast
Sea turtle, crocodile and iguana conservation; Environmental Education; Mangrove Reforestation; Community Projects; Establishment of the 5000 hectare Hawaii Protected Area.
Wild Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation Center; Macaws Without Borders Project; Jaguars Without Borders Project; Spider Monkey Reintroduction Project; and Kinkajou Kingdom Environmental Education Center.
Being a non-profit association, ARCAS depends on donations from foundations, companies and friends around the world. However, many times we don’t know from one year to the next whether we will have the resources we need to carry out our conservation activities. For this reason ARCAS is trying to expand our membership base of concerned animal-lovers around the world willing to help us with an annual contributions.
Experience the many rewards of being a supporting member of ARCAS!!!
Levels of Giving and Benefits
- ARCAS Annual Report and a Sample of our Environmental Education Materials, Posters, Bumper stickers, etc.
The benefits listed above, plus:
- Recognition in the ARCAS Annual Report.
- An invitation for a one-day visit to the Hawaii National Park on the Pacific Coast of Guatemala for a trip through the mangrove wetlands and to view nesting sea turtles.
In addition to above:
- An exclusive invitation for an all-expenses paid weekend stay at the Hawaii National Park.
- A complimentary one-day whale, dolphin and sea turtle-watching trip aboard the sailboat Squeaky IX.
All of the above plus:
- A Diploma of Recognition.
- A two-day invitation to the ARCAS Wild Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation Center in Petén, including a guided tour of Kinkajou Kingdom, the opportunity to work at the Rescue Center and two days free food and lodging. (Please note: this does not include transportation costs from Guatemala City).
In addition to the above:
- A Plaque of Recognition from ARCAS.
- The opportunity to plan your own 5-day tour of all three of our project areas. In addition to those mentioned above, you may want to participate in some of our environmental education activities in the Guatemala City area.
If you would like to help us in this very important work, please contact us regarding how to make a donation at
All donations to ARCAS are tax-deductible in the United States under under the 501(3)(C) Project COPE, a joint project with the Columbus Zoo.
You can specify which project you wish to support, whether it be general maintenance of rescue center facilities, care of a specific animal, support for the scarlet macaw captive breeding program, educational activities for under-privileged children. Let us know how you want your donation spent.
In addition to these regular donations, many of our friends prefer to contribute to the purchasing of sea turtle eggs at the Hawaii and El Rosario Hatcheries through our Sponsor-a-Nest Program.
The olive ridley and leatherback sea turtles of the Pacific coast of Guatemala are under threat from intensive egg collection and overfishing. Under the Sponsor-a-Nest program, you have the opportunity to directly support ARCAS’s sea turtle conservation activities in Hawaii and El Rosario. Typically, $20 can buy a whole nest of roughly 100 eggs. ARCAS staff and volunteers wait until the price for sea turtle nests drops (usually during the height of the nesting season, August-November) and then go out onto the beach and buy whole nests from local collectors. These eggs are then buried in the Hawaii or El Rosario and 50 days later, the hatchlings are released into the sea.
Take part in this direct conservation effort. Contact us at
about making a donation.
Sponsor a Nest Program
In addition to these regular donations, many of our friends prefer to contribute to the purchasing of sea turtle eggs at the Hawaii and El Rosario Hatcheries through our Sponsor-a-Nest Program .
If you want more information about this program please click here: "Sponsor a Nest" .